Deluxe Male Cancer Profile
- (LABCORP)Description: Please Note: If this panel is ordered by a female, due to ordering restrictions on certain tests, the PSA test will not be included on the requisition and will not be performed.
The Cancer Profile is a group of tests that is performed to look for signs of cancer or to see if you are likely to develop cancer. Screening tests that look for cancer are called early detection tests. Screening tests that show cancer is likely to develop are called preventive screening.
Significant deviations from the normal range may require further evaluation by your physician. Includes:
- Complete Blood Count (CBC) with Differential
(Hematocrit; hemoglobin; mean corpuscular volume (MCV); mean corpuscular hemoglobin (MCH); mean corpuscular hemoglobin concentration (MCHC); red cell distribution width (RDW); percentage and absolute differential counts; platelet count; red cell count; white blood cell count; immature granulocytes)
- Carcinoembryonic Antigen (CEA) Test
- C-Reactive Protein (CRP), High Sensitivity (Cardiac Risk Assessment)
- Kidney Function Profile
- Liver Function Profile
- Sedimentation Rate, Westergen (ESR)
- Iron, Serum
- Complete Urinalysis Profile
: Color; appearance; specific gravity; pH; protein; glucose; occult blood; ketones; leukocyte esterase; nitrite; bilirubin; urobilinogen; microscopic examination of urine sediment.
- Comprehensive Metabolic Profile (CMP) (includes eGFR)
: (A:G ratio; albumin, serum; alkaline phosphatase, serum; ALT (SGPT); AST (SGOT); bilirubin, total; BUN; BUN:creatinine ratio; calcium, serum; carbon dioxide, total; chloride, serum; creatinine, serum; globulin, total; glucose, serum; potassium, serum; protein, total, serum; sodium, serum.)
- Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA), Free:Total RatioPatient Instructions:
Patient should fast for 12 hours preceding collection of specimen. PSA sampling should not be performed for at least 6 weeks after prostatic biopsy. For accurate test results, no ejaculation during the 24 hours preceding the test. This test may exhibit interference when sample is collected from a person who is consuming a supplement with a high dose of biotin (also termed as vitamin B7 or B8, vitamin H or coenzyme R). It is recommended to stop biotin consumption at least 72 hours prior to the collection of specimen.Categories: Cancer Detection
, Male Specific Tests