When placing orders via telephone, you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions.
Private MD Labs is an online lab test purchasing service. By using this service, you agree to be bound by the following terms & conditions. Private MD Labs reserves the right to make changes to the terms & conditions at any time. Changes will be effective immediately upon posting of the modified terms & conditions. We'll notify you of changes via our regular email newsletter. Permission to use this site is at the discretion of Private MD Labs and may be terminated at any time for any reason.
1. You agree that you are over the age of 18 and the person being tested is at least 18 years of age.
2. You agree that the information you submit during the course of purchasing a lab test from Private MD Labs is truthful and accurate.
3. You agree not to copy any images, text, or structure from this website. You also agree not to use the website for illegal purposes.
4. You agree to use the site according to the instructions and intended use and not to disclose your password to any other users.
5. You agree to abide by the purchase and refund policies of Private MD Labs. Refunds are only permitted prior to submission of urine or blood specimens to a Patient Service Center for testing. Refund amounts will be 75% of the original purchase price. No refund after 21 days from receipt of payment. The "free if we don't find anything", "90 day money-back guarantee" promotions may end at any time, and refunds under these promotions can be claimed if, and only if, (i) the patient is a first-time customer (determined by personal details and not just the email address), (ii) the order does not contain STD tests or Sickle Cell tests, and (iii) there are no "high", "low", "abnormal", "alert" or "critical" flags in your test results. A flag is determined by comparing the result levels to the normal ranges for your gender and age. Additionally, an order qualifies under these promotions only if the order date is on or after 4/28/2022, and specimens were collected within 90 days of the order date. To file a claim, within 15 days of your results being posted to your order, open a ticket at help.privatemdlabs.com using the subject "Money Back Guarantee" and provide us with your order number, we will take it from there.
6. You agree that a lab test purchased through Private MD Labs does not constitute medical advice and will not diagnose, treat, or cure any disease or condition. You also agree that the lab test results can be inaccurate through no fault of Private MD Labs. You understand the service provided by Private MD Labs is a service provided at your request and not suggested by our staff physician. As an online service we do not have a traditional doctor-patient relationship and do not provide CPT codes, diagnosis codes or provider information in order to file insurance claims.
7. The materials on the site are provided "as is" without any express or implied warranty of any kind including warranties of merchantability, no infringement of intellectual property or fitness for a particular purpose. Private MD Labs offers no assurance of uninterrupted or error free service. Private MD Labs does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained on the site. Any of the information offered on the site may change at any time without notice.
8. Information on this website is for informational purposes only. Private MD Labs makes no express or implied warranties, representations or endorsements whatsoever with regard to the services provided. Private MD Labs shall not be liable for any cost or damage arising either directly or indirectly from any transactions conducted or information conveyed on the website. It is solely your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness and usefulness of all opinions, advice, services, merchandise and other information provided through the Service.
9. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Private MD Labs, its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, suppliers and any third party information providers to the Service from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys' fees, resulting from any violation of this Agreement by you.
10. You agree to a $15 administration fee to be charged (or deducted from any unused credit balances) for each request to change your order once your order has been processed.
11. Your order never expires. Because of some regulations that we can't avoid, your requisition (prescription) automatically expires after 6 months, at which point we will issue you a new one at no cost when you're ready to take your tests. Because there is a cost involved in re-issuing your requisition, we ask that you refrain from requesting a re-issue until you're sure you will be going to the lab for your blood draw. We retain the right to not re-issue requisition orders at our own discretion without reason if we feel this policy is being abused.
Reissued requisitions may not be transferred to another name.
If the requisition associated with your order has expired and the tests ordered have increased in price, we reserve the right to issue a house credit to you for the amount of purchase to enable you to reorder and pay the difference in cost.
We reserve the right to charge an administrative fee of $15 for re-issues under certain circumstances, like abuse, too many re-issues or unforeseen circumstances.
12. Discount coupon codes issued by Private MD Labs are issued as a courtesy to our customers. Coupons are not redeemable for cash and cannot be applied when using Gift Certificates or multi-pack credits that were bought at a discount. Gift Certificates, House Credit Certificates and multi-pack credits are not refundable and not redeemable for cash, in whole or in part. Adjustments, credits and/or refunds for discount codes not entered at the time of ordering will not be issued.
13. Turnaround times for test results are only provided as an estimate based on information provided by Quest Diagnostics/LabCorp as applicable. Private MD Labs doesn't have any control over turnaround times and thus cannot guarantee that they'll be respected in all cases.
14. We reserve the right to change the terms and discount/credit amounts (or loyalty points earned, see below) of the referral program at any time. If you already referred a friend and we update the referral amounts, you and your friend will keep the original discount, but your future referrals will align to the updated discount/credit amounts. Referral discounts are only applied to first-time customers (which we identify in a variety of ways), and may be removed during the checkout process if we determine that the patient has already used our services. Similarly, the credit certificate to the referrer is only issued if the referred customer is a first-time customer. Orders with referral discounts are not refundable.
We may send you emails that can contain confidential information such as your requisition, which is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entitled named. You can opt out of receiving them anytime by contacting us at [email protected].
The Private MD Labs operates a mobile message service (the "Mobile Service"). Your use of the Mobile Service constitutes your agreement to these terms and conditions ("Mobile Terms"). We may modify or cancel the Mobile Service or any of its features without notice. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may also modify these Mobile Terms at any time and your continued use of the Mobile Service following the effective date of any such changes shall constitute your acceptance of such changes.
By consenting to our SMS/text messaging service, you agree to receive recurring SMS/text messages from and on behalf of Private MD Labs through your wireless provider to the mobile number you provided, even if your mobile number is registered on any state or federal Do Not Call list. Text messages may be sent using an automatic telephone dialing system or other technology. Mobile Service-related messages may include updates, alerts, and information (e.g., order updates, account alerts, etc.). Promotional messages may include promotions, specials, and other marketing offers (e.g., cart reminders).
You understand that you do not have to sign up for this program in order to make any purchases, and your consent is not a condition of any purchase with Private MD Labs. Your participation in this program is completely voluntary.
We do not charge for the Mobile Service, but you are responsible for all charges and fees associated with text messaging imposed by your wireless provider. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Check your mobile plan and contact your wireless provider for details. You are solely responsible for all charges related to SMS/text messages, including charges from your wireless provider.
You may opt-out of the Mobile Service at any time. Text the single keyword command STOP to our SMS message service number. You'll receive a one-time opt-out confirmation text message. No further messages will be sent to your mobile device, unless initiated by you. If you have subscribed to other Private MD Labs mobile message programs and wish to cancel, except where applicable law requires otherwise, you will need to opt out separately from those programs by following the instructions provided in their respective mobile terms. For Mobile Service support or assistance, text HELP to our SMS message service number or email [email protected]
We may change any short code or telephone number we use to operate the Mobile Service at any time and will notify you of these changes. You acknowledge that any messages, including any STOP or HELP requests, you send to a short code or telephone number we have changed may not be received and we will not be responsible for honoring requests made in such messages.
The wireless carriers supported by the Mobile Service are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages. You agree to provide us with a valid mobile number. If you get a new mobile number, you will need to sign up for the program with your new number.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, you agree that we will not be liable for failed, delayed, or misdirected delivery of any information sent through the Mobile Service, any errors in such information, and/or any action you may or may not take in reliance on the information or Mobile Service.
We respect your right to privacy. To see how we collect and use your personal information, please see our Privacy Notice.
Loyalty points program
1. Eligibility: The loyalty points program is open to all registered customers of our ecommerce site.
2. Earning Points: Customers will earn loyalty points based on the order amount every time they place a new order. Points will be added to the customer's account after the purchase is completed and payment has been received.
3. Redeeming Points: Customers can redeem their loyalty points for discounts on future purchases of blood tests. The discount amount varies depending on multiple factors and will be displayed on the page when applied. Points cannot be redeemed for cash.
4. Expiration: Loyalty points will expire one year from the date they were earned.
5. Refunds: If an order is refunded, in total or in part, any points earned from such order will be deducted from the corresponding customer account.
6. Account Termination and Modifications: We reserve the right to terminate or update a customer's loyalty points account for any reason, including suspected abuse of the program or violation of our terms of service.
7. Changes to the Program: We reserve the right to modify or terminate the loyalty points program at any time without prior notice to participants.
1. The Subscription Service (also called "subscribe & save") allows customers to purchase blood tests on a subscription basis. Customers can choose the frequency of their subscription (currently every 1, 3, 6 or 12 months) on a per-item basis.
2. When a subscription is selected, we apply a subscription discount on the corresponding item. We reserve the right to change this discount at any time, including removing it.
3. Coupon discounts and loyalty points discounts do not apply to subscription items, as they are already discounted. Coupons and loyalty points are mutually exclusive as usual. Gift Certificates can be applied to an order containing subscription items, unless such Gift Certificate was bought at a discount.
4. Subscription renewal is automated. When it is time for your subscription to renew, we will attempt to bill your last used payment method for the same amount as the initial subscription order. We reserve the right to update the subscription amount at any time (although in that case, we'll notify you in advance before the renewal). If successful, we will create a regular order as if you placed the order yourself. If the payment is unsuccessful, we will send you an email with a link to update your payment methods. Once you update your payment methods, we will attempt to renew the subscription again.
5. Payment methods for subscription orders can be updated through the patient portal.
6. For orders containing at least one subscription item, only credit cards are allowed as the payment method. This is because we need to be able to automatically bill your card when the subscription renews. We currently do not support automatic billing with other payment methods such as PayPal, Apple Pay or Google Pay.
7. By providing us with your credit card information, you authorize us to charge your credit card for the subscription fees and renewal fees as applicable.
8. Any changes or cancellations must be made at least 48 hours before the next scheduled billing date to avoid being charged for the next subscription renewal.
9. We reserve the right to monitor the usage of the Service for any attempt to abuse or manipulate the Subscription Service. Examples of abuse may include, but are not limited to, placing an order as a subscription to receive the discount and then immediately canceling the subscription before it renews.
10. If we determine, in our sole discretion, that a customer is engaging in any form of abuse or manipulation of the Subscription Service, we reserve the right to take appropriate action, including but not limited to: (a) canceling the subscription(s), (b) revoking the subscription discount, (c) charging the customer the full price of the previously purchased item(s) without the subscription discount for one or more billing periods, (d) suspending or terminating the customer's account, and/or (e) taking legal action as necessary. In particular, we reserve the right to charge penalty fees or to refund only a portion of the original order if the subscription is canceled after the first purchase, as the subscription discount is provided with the understanding that the service will be used more than once.
11. By using the Subscription Service, you agree to comply with these terms and not to engage in any form of abuse or manipulation of the Subscription Service.
12. We reserve the right to modify or update the terms for our Subscription Service at any time. Any changes will be effective immediately upon posting the updated Terms on our website. By continuing to use the Service after the updated Terms have been posted, you agree to be bound by such changes.Home Blood Testing Kits
1. Refunds. We offer refunds on blood testing kits if they are deemed defective, damaged or if you received the wrong product. In such cases, please contact our customer support team at [email protected] within 7 days of receiving your order and provide us with the necessary details and documentation, including photos of the damaged or defective item, to qualify for a refund.
Please note that we reserve the right to refuse a refund request if we determine that the product has been tampered with, abused, or misused in any way.
2. Returns. We do not accept returns or exchanges for our blood typing test kits due to the nature of the product. We cannot accept returned or unused kits as they are classified as medical equipment and cannot be reused even if the kit has not been opened.
If you received your order and do not wish to continue with the test, we ask that you dispose of the kit. Please do not send back the physical kit, as it may pose a risk to our staff and other customers.
3. Cancellation. If you change your mind and would like to cancel your order, you may do so until the product is shipped. Once it’s shipped, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to cancel your order as we may have already processed and shipped the item.
In case of cancellation, you will receive a full refund, including any applicable taxes and shipping fees.
HIV Testing Consent (only applies when ordering an HIV test)
The purpose of this form is to document that I or my physician have requested a blood test (on blood drawn from a vein in my arm) for the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV). HIV is the cause of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS). The requested blood test(s) are used to detect HIV antibody or HIV DNA by either ICMA, Multispot Rapid Test, ELISA, Western Blot or other laboratory technology.
I have been informed that the tests can produce false positive and false negative results. I have also been informed that screening tests fail to detect anti-HIV for a period of time immediately after infection with the virus (early post-exposure period). I understand that re-testing or alternative HIV RNA testing is a recommended option if it is suspected that post exposure testing has pre-dated the required period for conversion to positive HIV status.
I acknowledge that the results of the HIV test will become part of my medical record. The confidentiality of my medical record will be maintained as per HIPAA regulations. I further understand that with my consent, my physician or other designated health care provider may review the results for medical reasons. I also understand that, as required by applicable law, positive test results must be reported to the appropriate State Health Division.
I have read the previous information and I understand it. By placing an order, I acknowledge that I have given my consent for the performance of an HIV blood test(s) and that my questions regarding this blood testing process, release of results and benefits as well as limitations of this testing have been satisfactorily answered.
Updated: 2/21/2024Back to top