Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA-s) Sulfate
- No need to visit a doctor
- Results by email
- Prescription never expires
- All inclusive, no extra fees
- 1-minute checkout
in a few minutes
90 day money-back
at the doctor's
What is a DHEA sulfate test?
A DHEA sulfate test is a laboratory test that evaluates the level of this steroid hormone in your blood or urine. DHEA sulfate is produced primarily by the adrenal glands and then converted to androgenic hormones such as testosterone, estrogen and progesterone in various target organs.
What does DHEA sulfate test for?
DHEA sulfate test can identify:
- Adrenal gland tumor
- High functioning corticotroph adenoma in Cushing's syndrome
- Early-onset adrenocortical deficiency, which could result in low testosterone
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
When to test DHEA sulfate?
DHEA sulfate testing is suggested for:
- Perimenopausal or menopausal women
- Women with infertility
- Women with male physical characteristics (Deep voice, excess facial or body hair, decreased breast size)
- Men and women with acne
- Boys with signs of early puberty (Pubic hair, muscularity, deep voice)
What conditions could be diagnosed with a DHEA sulfate test?
A DHEA sulfate test is used for the diagnosis of adrenal disorders or abnormalities. Low levels of DHEA sulfate can indicate:
- Cushing’s syndrome
- Addison’s disease
Do I need to visit a doctor?
Nope. You don't need a doctor's visit to get a test with us.
How do I get my results?
You'll get your results via email as soon as they are available. We will notify you via SMS as well. You can also see them at any time in the future right in your dashboard where you can easily share them with your professional and compare them side by side with future tests.
Does my lab prescription expire?
We're the only lab that honors your lab order forever.